Odisha Kendujhar special black moong dal Khichidi
This Khichdi Recipe is Odisha's Kenonjhar Special Black Moong Dal Khichdi. Here the Moong dal has skin but it is split. This Khichdi recipe is made by using Rice and Split Black grams. Very easiest and quickest Khichdi Recipe. Without Onion and garlic, you can make this tasty Moong dal khichdi. In our Indian Culture, we do fasting at many festivals. During this fasting or Vrat, we can eat this khichdi i.e without onion and garlic khichdi. We can offer Khichdi as Bhog or Prasad to lord.Benefits of Moong Dal Khichdi : Moong dal is rich in protein, Magnesium, fiber, and antioxidants. This is the reason why Khichdi keeps our digestive system healthy. It is very helpful for weight loss. Moong Khichdi acts as an immunity booster and gives loads of energy to your body. It controls the cholesterol level. It boosts blood circulation. You can eat Khichdi regularly as this is very nutritional.Side Dishes to eat with Khichdi: You can eat Aaloo Kasaa or Aaloo Gravy Curry, Potolo/Parbal Aaloo sabzi, Tomato Khatta, Dahi Baigan, and Chawal Kheeri as side items. This Black Moong Dal Khichdi can be eaten without any side item but if you add these it will enhance the taste even more.
- 1 Pressure Cooker
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Bowl To wash and clean the moong dal and rice
- 2 Cup Basamati Rice
- 1 Cup Spilitted Black gram (moong) Dal
- 4 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 Pc Bayleafs
- 5-6 Cup Hot Water
- Pinch Hing or Asafoetida Just 1 small pinch needed
- Take 2 Cup of Basmati Rice and wash it properly.
- Take 1 Cup of Spilitted Black Moong (Kala Muga) and Wash it properly also check for stones.
- Put Pressure Cooker on Gas and switch on it.
- Once the Cooker is hot add 3 tbsp Ghee and 2 bayleafs.
- Add pinch of Hing or Asafoetida into the hot ghee. This will add extra flavour and helps in digestion.
- Then put the washed rice and black mung dal and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the moisture is gone then add 6 Cup of hot water and mix all the ingredients well.
- Then add salt as per taste, 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp garam masala into it and mix well.
- Then Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and keep the gas flame high.
- After three whistle switches off the gas and waits for the pressure cooker to open on its own.
- Once the pressure is released then open the lid of the pressure cooker and add 1 tbsp of ghee and again cover the cooker.
- Now open the pressure cooker and serve the delicious black mung khichdi with curd raita or any gravy curry.
- You can eat Potolo Aloo Korma Curry with this Odisha's Kendujhar Special Black Moong Khichdi.
Desi ghee is the best tastemaker in this recipe. Therefore don’t forget to add this. Another Important note for this Moong Dal Khichdi is to add hing or Asafoetida in the hot ghee. It will easily melt. If you add this to water it will be difficult to dissolve. Here in the above, I am sharing with you how to cook Moong Dal Khichdi in a Pressure cooker. But without a pressure cooker also you can make it. I am using Black Moong Dal (Spilitted Black Gram with skin) to make this unique Khichdi Recipe. You can get this Ingredient from a nearby market or you can get it from online stores also. You are welcome to ask any type of query you have regarding this recipe. Surely, will help you to make it. Try it, taste it and serve it. Please share your review. All the very best. Happy Life.
Good. A small video clip link on this would be great.
Thank you so much for your review. I will try to implement.
It?¦s truly a great and useful piece of info. I?¦m glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
I appreciate the points in this article, however I hope to see additional detail from you in the future.