Biri chaula pitha (Urad/Biri dal Rice cake) using pressure cooker.
Biri pitha or gram rice cake is basically a breakfast / dinner /snack recipe. Tasty, delicious and can be eat at any time. Simplest pitha ever made by a pressure cooker.
- 1 Pressure Cooker Remove the whistle of the cooker before put it on gas stove
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Mixer grinder To make a smooth paste of gram and rice
- 1 cup Rice Arua Rice would be better
- 1/2 cup Biri or gram It may be may be black or white.
- Water As required
- Salt As per taste
- 2 tbsp Ghee / oil
- Mix the 1/2 cup biri or black/white gram with 1 Cup Arua Chawal.
- Add water into the mixture and keep it for 7-8 hrs for soaking.
- Now you will notice the biri or gram looks much fooler.
- Wash cleanly the soaked mixture.
- Make a smooth little thick paste by grinding in mixer.
- Add salt as required.
- Now, put a pressure cooker on the gas stove and put some water into it.
- Let the water be boiled.
- Then take one bowl, apply ghee in the whole bowl and pour the mixture into the bowl.
- Now first put a stand inside the pressure cooker above the water level.
- Put the mixture bowl and keep the gas flame slow to medium.
- Don't forget to remove the whistle from the pressure cooker.
- Wait for 25-30 minute and check by a fork if the pitha is stick to the fork or not.
- If not, then your pressure cooker pitha is ready. Serve it with matar (ghuguni) curry and chutneys. You can eat it with warm milk also.
- You can add coconut jaggery (guda in Odia) mixture to this pitha mixture while pouring into the bowl and the rest process is the same as above.
- You can add all the fried vegetables into the biri chaula pitha mixture and the rest process is the same as above.
- You can just add some sugar into the mixture and can pour the mixture into a Kadai and wait for 3-4 minutes in medium flame and will get another delicious pitha type.
- This is the simplest tastiest quickest pitha item ever made.
Important Note for this recipe is clean the Biri or Black gram clearly otherwise sand or other things may be there. Always put the gas flame in the medium throughout the cooking process. Try all the above methods. If you have any doubt, you can ask your query in the comment section below. All the very best.