Drumstick / Moringa / Sajana Chuin Bhaja or Pakoda or Fry Recipe
What is Drumstick or Sajana Chuin or Moringa: In Odisha drumstick is known as sajana chuin as it is the fruit of the Sajana/Moringa or Drumstick tree. The scientific name of the Drumstick tree is Moringa Oleifera. You can see drumstick trees usually everywhere in India as they can grow without much effort and water. Only you have to put the trunk in soil and keep watering for some days.The best part about the Drumstick/Moringa Tree is you can eat the leaves, flowers, and fruit of this tree by making various recipes out of it.Nutritional or Health benefits of Drumstick/Moringa Recipes :Drumstick leaves are the most nutritional among all the other edible parts of the tree. This contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Manganese, and Protein.Drumsticks contain a high value of Vitamin C and are also a good source of Fiber, Potassium, and Manganese.Drumsticks are very beneficial for nursing mothers.Recipes using Drumsticks / Moringa: We can make various recipes using drumstick leaves and drumsticks. Here I am sharing Drumstick Pakoda or Sajana Chuin Pakoda Recipe which you can eat as a side item of Rice or Odia Pakhala Bhata. Also, this recipe is called Sajana Chuin Bhaja or Moringa sticks Fry.
- 1 Pressure Cooker This is required to boil the drumsticks. You can use any pan and cover it while boiling the drumsticks.
- 1 Kadhai or Frying Pan Normal Pan or Non-sticky both are okay
- 1 Pot To Mix all the ingredients to prepare drumstick fry
- 4-5 Pc Drumsticks or Sajana Chuin or Moringa Fresh Drumsticks will taste good
- 2-3 tbsp Besan or gram floor
- 1 tbsp Corn floor
- 1/2 tbsp suji
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as required
- 1/2 tbsp Haldi or Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Mirch or Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Onion, ginger and garlic paste
- Take 4-5 Drumsticks and wash it properly.
- Now cut or chop the Drumsticks/Moringa and keep them in a pot.
- Now take a pressure cooker or any pot which has a lid and add all the drumsticks into the cooker. Add water and salt to it and put it on a gas flame just for boiling.
- After 2-3 minutes of boiling off the gas flame and keep the lid of the pan or cooker locked.
- Now remove all the drumsticks and keep them aside to add all the ingredients to make it pakoda.
- Now add all the above-said ingredients into it i.e turmeric powder, mirch powder, besan or gram flour, cornflour, suji, ginger garlic paste, salt etc.
- Now put oil into the frying pan. Once the oil is hot keep the gas flame on medium and put all the drumstick mixture into the pan and fry them for 4-5 minutes.
- You should keep on rotating the drumsticks so that all the sides can fry clearly.
- Now Your Drumstick Pakoda or Sajana Chuin Pakoda or Moringa Pakoda is ready to eat and serve.
Special Note for this Drumstick/Moringa or Sajana Chuin Bhaja or Pakoda or Fry Recipe :
- Wait till the boiled Drumsticks or Sajana Chuin or Moringa cool, then you can add all the ingredients to make the pakoda.
- Add salt at the time you want to fry it on the pan. Do not keep salt added to the ingredient many times because it can release water and crispiness will go.
- Another important fact about how to keep Drumsticks fresh for 7-8 days is to cut the drumsticks into equal halves and keep them in an air-tight container and keep it in a refrigerator.