Raw Jackfruit/Kathal/Panasa Katha Pakora Recipe
What is Jackfruit/Kathal/Panasa Katha Pakora: This recipe is made by using the main ingredients as Panasa Katha (in Odia) or Raw Jackfruit (in English) aur Kathal (in Hindi). When we cut the raw jackfruit into small pieces and fry it then it is known as Kathal Pakoda. The taste of it can even beat nonveg pakoda items. You can eat this recipe as an evening snack item or you can eat it in the lunch items. This Panasa Katha Pakoda tastes even better with Pakhala Bhata.Health Benefits of Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus): You can eat jackfruit both raw and ripe. It is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C. It is very good for eyesight and skin problems. Jackfruit is good for digestion and constipation.Where to find Jackfruit and when: Normally Jackfruit is ripe from March to June. You can get the Raw Jackfruit mainly in the season of March, April, etc in the Indian region.Other facts about Jackfruit: The Scientific name of Jackfruit is Artocarpus heterophyllus. In Odisha, we call it Panasa. Raw Jackfruit in Odisha is known as Panasa Katha. In marriage functions, Panasa Katha Pakudi or kathal Pakora is the best starter item. There are many recipes that can be made by using raw jackfruit and ripe jackfruit. If you really want to know about other jackfruit recipes then please do comment.
Yield: 4 People
- 1 Bowl To Mix all the ingredients to make Pakoda
- 1 Frying Pan To Fry Panasa Katha
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Pressure Cooker
- 1 Pc Raw Jackfruit or Panasa Katha Young Raw Jackfruit preferable for better Pakoda
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger garlic Paste
- 1/4 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3-4 tbsp Mustard Oil To fry
- Salt As per taste
- First, Cut the raw jackfruit or Panasa Katha by removing the upper hard part.
- Wash it properly.
- Now, put a pressure cooker on the gas stove and add some water, salt, and turmeric powder to it. Add the Raw Jackfruit cut pieces into the pressure cooker. Turn on the gas.
- Just wait for one whistle on the pressure cooker. We need to just boil the raw jackfruit so that it will be soft to make pakoda.
- Now, remove the panasa katha from the pressure cooker.
- Now, add all the ingredients mentioned above to the boiled raw jakfruit to fry it and make pakora.
- Put a frying Pan on the gas stove and fry the Panasa Katha for 5 minutes on each side.
- Now, Jackfruit Pakoda or Panasa Pakudi or Kathal Pakoda is ready to eat and serve.
Important Note for this Jackfruit/Panasa Pakora Recipe: It is very essential to cut the raw jackfruit properly to make pakoda. If you have no idea of how to do then pieces of raw jackfruit are also available on the market. you can buy this to make the crispy tasty jackfruit Pakoda. The second important point does not boil raw jackfruit much. Just make the jackfruit soft. A very tasty Cripsy Panasa Katha Pakora Recipe is shared above. Try it, taste it and serve it. Do give a rating if you like the Jackfruit Pakoda Recipe.