Badi Chura Recipe
To Make this Tasty Badi Chura Recipe we need Badi or Sun dried lentil dumplings. Now let's learn how to make these Biri Badi.What is Biri Badi or Black Gram Badi or Bori: The main ingredient required to make Biri Badi is a Black gram or urad dal. Steps to know for How to Prepare Biri Badi or Black gram Lentil Dumplings: Step 1: We have to soak Biri dal or Black gram overnight to prepare the Badi.Step 2: Then grind the soaked black gram in a mixer jar. During grinding add very little amount of water. The batter must be thick.Step 3: Add some salt into the mixture and whisk it for 10-12 minutes in one direction. The more you whisk the dal the more soft and light badi will be ready. You can use a hand whisker also. Now after whisking the mixture is now looking fluffy and bright. Step 4: To check if it is ready or not you can put a little batter in the water, if it floats it means the mixture is ready for the next step. Step 5: Now, take 2-3 plates and grease the plate with oil and then add some atta or flour to the plate. Step 6: Now, wet your hands with water, and then take the small batter in your hands and put it on the plate. Make the shape round like the gulab jamun. Leave space between two Badis or Boris. Step 7: After completing all now put these balls under the sunlight. Do it for 4-5 days. Prepare this Badi in the Summer season so that it can get enough sun rays.With many types of lentils or dals, you can make Badi. Only ingredients will be different. All the processes will remain the same.You can store this Badi in an air-tight container for a full 1 Year. This Badi or Bori is used in almost every Odia and Bengali Recipe. You can try this Badi Chura or Bori Chura with Pakhala Bhata.
- 1 Mixer or grinder To Mix all the ingredients used to make Badi Chura.
- 1 Pan To Fry the Badi or Sun Dried Lentil dumplings
- 15-20 PC Badi or Sun dried lentil dumplings You can use Biri or Urad dal or Black gram dumplings or Badi
- 5-6 PC Garlic Cloves
- 1 PC Chopped Onion
- 2-3 PC Green Chilies You can add or remove green chilies according to your taste
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt 1-2 pinch of salt
- Corriander Leaves
- First, put a pan on the gas stove and switch it on.
- Add some Mustard Oil into the Pan and let it heat on a medium flame.
- Once the Oil is heated then put the Badi or Sun dried lentil dumplings into it.
- Fry the Badi or lentil dumplings until it becomes light red color.
- Now, prepare the ingredients which are going to mix with these lentil dumplings. Chop one onion, 4-5 garlic cloves and 2-3 green chilies.
- Now, put all the things all together in the Mixer jar to make Badi Chura. Add a pinch of salt to it. Now, grind the ingredients for 2 seconds only just to make it coarse.
- Now, the tasty Badi Chura or Bori Chura or Coarse Sun dried lentil dumplings are ready to eat and serve. You can add grated coriander leaves to add extra taste and fragrance.
A special Note for this tasty Badi Chura Recipe is to grind all the ingredients only at the time of eating. If you grind it before some time then the onions will leave the water and the Badi Chura may get wet and not give you the same taste while it is dry. Eat this tasty Badi Chura with Pakhala Bhata which will enhance your taste. Try it, taste it and share it.